May 21, 2007

Children & War: I Will Always Worry


When they say - Don't worry!
You should not be sorry!
They don't know, they don't know
I have sinned

Smile and dance, be gracious!
Life is short, yet spacious
Chances come each second,
And we really reckon
You should smile, you should dance
Once again

So they say - Don't worry!
You should not be sorry!
They don't know, they don't know
I have sinned

Children cry, their sorrow
Will go on tomorrow
Yet here I stand so passive
When I really should be active
Reaching out, reaching out
With my love

Still they say - Don't worry!
You should not be sorry!
They don't know, they don't know
I have sinned

What kind of person am I
When I let this child cry?
Parents dead; heartbroken
Indeed his eyes have spoken
Of the horror, the terror
Of war

And when they say - Don't worry!
You should not be sorry!
I will smile in sadness;
Say I'll always worry,
Always be so sorry
When you don't, when you don't
Value life!

Copyright © Realm of Reema

8 comments:

Animesh Ray said...

It is but a strange irony that all of us know so deeply about the perils of war, yet ever we as humans, all we need is just a silly reason to go to war...to again destroy a million for absolutely nothing at all.

And yes, sometimes poems give us strongest irony.

Reema said...

I agree, you just said it: To destroy millions for absolutely nothing at all.

What is wrong with us humans? I cannot imagine us being thrilled at having bombs dropped down our heads and soldiers shooting us dead, so why is it so hard to wake up to reality and for once use our brains to solve the worlds problems.

And no, I'm not being naive, I'm just being sensible: Every problem has its solutions and war is NOT the only solution.

Thanks for commenting Animesh Ray, I totally appreciate you :)

Peace and love.

Animesh Ray said...

I cannot imagine us being thrilled at having bombs dropped down our heads and soldiers shooting us dead

Unfortunately people like this still exist among us. Though they are an extreme minority they tend to be more powerful, and strong in their support for mindless devastation. While the other 'humans' meek in their support for peace.

Reema said...

Yes, unfortunately :(

meleah rebeccah said...

beautiful page. and poem. and everything.

Reema said...

Hiya Meleah Rebecca.

Aww, thank you so, so much!
Totally appreciated :)

Peace and love!

Anonymous said...

yh this poem was good..feel really sorry 4 those kids tht lose their parents so young just coz of the war they ended up stuck in..hope people get some sense n stop killin people..

Shahrukh said...

This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.

BEST LOVE POEMS FOR WIFE.