May 23, 2007

I Love My Nailpolish - A Dedication to My Sweetest Sisters

Usually, I happen to find myself rush through life with it's ups and downs, so busy that I don't offer the time I should to my sisters. It almost feel like yesterday, when they were born; the first word they said, the first step they took, the ways we played.. everthing flashes through my memory. But I also, in between the stress of life, steal few glances and notice, how my baby sisters have become, fine, little ladies.

So I'd like to dedicate this poem to them and in fact, all the big sisters out there who happen to have adorable, little sisters.


And in the event of you feeling like commenting, then please do.

I don't bite ;)

~ I Love My Nailpolish ~

I love my nailpolish, to colour my world
Clear, pink, indigo - but best of all
The deepest of red; it so suits my skin,
The dress that I wear, and the rouge on my chin
A rainbow of colours I stroke on my nail
Blow it to dry, I leave no trail
Of spillage, of mess - paint gone wild;
An adult perfection, yet still such a child
I look at my sister, when she's not aware
I copy her moves, and flick back my hair
Indeed, she's a model, but hush, don't tell!
A secret between us, now, keep it well!
One day when I'm older, I too will be
Just like my sister; smart, nice and pretty
For now, I'm just little - a long road to go
So much to try out, so much to know
And above all the colours, between now and then
I'll write you a poem, with my pink, feather pen:
Today I'm a child, yes, so right and so true
But tomorrow, dear sister, I'll be.. I'll be you!

Copyright © Realm of Reema

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. You know I have always wanted a sister an older one preferably and look at sisters with envy as it is in my eyes such a special bond that cannot be replicated by any friendship no matter how hard one tries!

Animesh Ray said...

Haha...that was quite nice

Reema said...

Hiya Randum Magus:

Thank you so much. Indeed, sisters are special, and I believe brothers are too. As a matter of fact, I've always wanted a twin brother, I don't know why, but somehow it seems totally cool. Cheers for the comment :)

Hiya Animesh Ray:

Thanks, thanks :) And yeah, I'll probably look into firefox, see if that solves the page loading problem. Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

wow i really miss u that poem was like the best one thanks 4 writin it, hope i'll c u soon! (really touchin)

love ur blond sis! :P

Shahrukh said...

This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.

BEST LOVE POEMS FOR WIFE.