Apr 27, 2007

I'm Not Every Girl

When you look at me, you think you know me. You look at me and I smile. Like a mirror I reflect the rays back to you and you smile back, though you don't know me. You think I'm happy. You look into my eyes, they're so intense! You feel the warmth in them, it makes you feel comfortable, it assures you. You look at me dance, I glide through air! So smoothly, so gracefully, each step a perfection. And when I speak, I whisper. You can barely hear me.. a protection in voice. So you look at me, and you think you know me. Please, look again, try to see me! Behind the smile, there are endless nights of crying. Behind my eyes, there's an empty sadness. The dancing you observe is nothing but the silent scream to the world.. please understand, I'm not every girl.

No comments: